The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Friday, February 22, 2008

The Lola Shuffle - "The Happy Birthday Hubby Edition"

On Wednesday 2/20, the day of my mother's funeral, Hubby turned Jack Benny's age. Yes, he turned 39! (I know! I got me a boy toy - WOO HOO!)

So Lola, go ahead and shuffle up a nice set for Hubby. This oughta be good, as Hubby and I have mostly different tastes in music, so chances are whatever Lola comes up with will make Hubby shudder, but hey Lola shuffles what she wants to shuffle and she don't care nothin' 'bout no birthdays!

  1. Hold On - KT Tunstall (I love her, Hubby, not so much)
  2. Feel Good Inc.- Gorillaz - (I think Hubby sorta likes them)
  3. Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley (I love this song)
  4. Runaway -Bon Jovi (Yeah, so Hubby is sooooo not a Bon Jovi fan - he still can't get over their "hair period" in the 80s)
  5. I Put a Spell on You - Nina Simone (well, Hubby put a "spell" on me, so it's appropriate)
  6. Oh Boy - Buddy Holly (Hubby isn't really into oldies that are this old - he has no appreciation for musical history!)
  7. New York, New York - Frank Sinatra (He likes Sinatra, so OK)
  8. Home to Stay - Josh Groban (Hubby is totally underwhelmed by Groban)
  9. LDN - Lily Allen (BWAHAHAHA - Hubby hates this song!)
  10. Hitchin' a Ride - Vanity Fare (Yeah, uh no...)

OK, so apparently Lola decided to be ornery and not throw Hubby a bone...nary a Rush, AC/DC, Doobie Brothers or even Eagles song to be heard! They're all in there, but apparently Lola wasn't in the mood. Don't let her fool you, Lola loves him , she's just being difficult.

Happy belated birthday Baby - you are my heart! Thanks for loving me so wonderfully.

Everyone, have a great weekend...

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger TroyBoy said...

Please pass along a belated Birthday wish to the man for me and be sure to blow out all his candles, if you haven't done so already.

12:53 PM  
Blogger sari said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you guys have a great weekend!

4:23 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Happy birthday to your darling husband! And you know I think I like your husband's taste in music!

5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No Santa Clara Vanguard? No Inject The Venom? No Joey M? Geez..

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No Buttermilk 3?

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home