The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Your Tax Dollars at Work


Apparently we haven't spent enough money on the frickin' frackin' baseball steroid crap and really there isn't anything more important on which to spend our money. Education, health care, the environment, alternative energy sources? Pish posh! None of those are as important as baseball and whether or not some pudgy retired baseball guy took steroids a hundred years ago!

Here I am sitting at work, minding my own business, writing release notes and I am accosted by BREAKING NEWS!!! The FBI has launched an investigation on whether Roger Clemens lied about using steroids. Here's some breaking news for you: I don't give a damn!

And the best part - the FBI is doing it on the request of the US Congress! I guess a committee of the House of Representatives of the United States of America has nothing better to do than sit around and talk about baseball, and now they want the people over at the FBI to sit around and talk about baseball. Except since it's an *investigation* several highly-trained and highly-paid FBI investigators will probably have to travel - at our expense of course - to investigate this oh-so-important issue.

Did I mention I don't give a damn? As far as I'm concerned all of them can be injecting steroids into their eyeballs while they're sitting in the dugout waiting for their turn to bat. That isn't a GOVERNMENTAL ISSUE. Let the MLB people investigate it if they want to - but the government? Really?

What's next will there be a Senate panel to investigate whether or not Britney Spears is a whack-a-loon? Or a bi-lateral commission on Paris Hilton's movie career?
The mind wobbles.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Adam Thornton said...

Hmmm, I think the government has its priorities reversed...

...they shouldn't pursue the sterioid case until AFTER the Britney Spears investigation!

Really, though, I agree. I don't understand the loyalty and concern that many people have for sports teams, and when fans have their illusions shattered I can only shrug and say it was bound to happen.

I uninstalled the Google Desktop application PRECISELY because it was showing me that sort of "breaking news."

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home