The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Monday, March 10, 2008

Movie Quote Meme

I found this at hamblog, here are the rules as stated there:

  1. Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
  2. Go to IMDB and find a quote from each movie.
  3. Post them on your blog for everyone to guess in the comments.
  4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.

GUESSERS: NO Googling/using IMDB search functions. I mean, you can cheat if you want, but that's no fun? One movie guess per human allowed in the comments.

Aaaaaaand...ACTION!

  1. "She's going to say her final words, not through me, but inevitably, and ever so cruelly... through the immortal genius of the Bay City Rollers. " Dixie - "Love, Actually"
  2. "Ladies and gentlemen, either you are closing your eyes to a situation you do not wish to acknowledge, or you are not aware of the caliber of disaster indicated by the presence of a pool table in your community!" Muffy - "The Music Man"
  3. "I carried a watermelon" Dixie - "Dirty Dancing"
  4. "Men are rats, listen to me, they're fleas on rats, worse than that, they're amoebas on fleas on rats. I mean, they're too low for even the dogs to bite. The only man a girl can depend on is her daddy. " Muffy - "Grease"
  5. "For some miraculous reason, it's a wonderful feeling having a teacher you've seen dance naked in front of a mirror." Muffy - "Radio Days"
  6. "...these walls were not meant to shut out problems. You have to face them. You have to live the life you were born to live." Purplepassion - "The Sound of Music"
  7. "The blues are because you're getting fat and maybe it's been raining too long, you're just sad that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid and you don't know what you're afraid of. Do you ever get that feeling? " Purplepassion - "Breakfast at Tiffany's"
  8. "This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes. " Purplepassion - "The Matrix"
  9. "Bottom line is... we're around each other an'... this thing, it grabs hold of us again... at the wrong place... at the wrong time... and we're dead." fort knocks - "Brokeback Mountain"
  10. "Look, sweetheart, I can drink you under any goddamn table you want, so don't worry about me. " - No one got this one - "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf"

I won't tag anyone, just play along in my comments!




Labels: ,

17 Comments:

Blogger Cristina said...

It's early so I will guess the easy ones.#8 The Matrix and #6 The Sound of Music. A couple of others sound familiar to me but I have to think about them. You know I'm not good with names. But those 2 came to me right away.
This is a cute meme maybe I will do it later.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Hilda said...

YAY Purplepassion! Good job for 7:40 a.m.!

8:44 AM  
Blogger Cristina said...

What's killing me is that I know I know #2 and #7 but I can't come up with the names! The blues..the reds I know that! and the pool table, I can tell you its' a musical, heck I was humming one of the songs, I can picture the man saying it but I am blank with the name of the frickin frackin movie! This is going to bother me all day! Until I give in and look them up. I promise I won't guess, if I look them up. @%&#%^*&#%*#%&@

9:16 AM  
Blogger Adam Thornton said...

Fun! You may have grabbed me with this one, Hilda.

#2 - "The Music Man" (the original one!)

#4 - "Grease" (one of the best quotes in the movie)

#5 - "Radio Days"

9:31 AM  
Blogger Hilda said...

Very good Muffy - you even got "Radio Days" - I thought that would stump everyone!

9:48 AM  
Blogger Hilda said...

Well purplepassion - Muffy got #2!

9:51 AM  
Blogger Cristina said...

OMG! Muffy, you are brilliant! The Music Man! Thank you! I have been checking back to see if someone else got it becuase it's been driving me nuts!
#4- who said that? Rizzo to Sandy?

9:57 AM  
Blogger Hilda said...

Actually #4 was Frenchy to Sandy after Danny broke her heart...:)

10:00 AM  
Blogger Cristina said...

I got it! The reds are horrible! Holly whatever from Brakfast at Tiffany's!
I was making my list of movies and she's in one of mine and it hit me!
That's got to be it!

1:30 PM  
Blogger Hilda said...

Yes! #8 is indeed "Breakfast at Tiffany's".

Good job!

1:44 PM  
Blogger Joe White said...

9 is Brokeback. I wish I didn't know that.

3:58 PM  
Blogger Hilda said...

Correct, fort knocks! #9 is "Brokeback Mountain".

4:08 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

#1 is Love Actually and #3 is Dirty Dancing.

5:07 PM  
Blogger Adam Thornton said...

Only one left!

And I'm playing along too...I couldn't help myself!

http://dangermuffy.blogspot.com

5:26 PM  
Blogger Hilda said...

Yes Dixie, you're right on both counts. I figured if anyone was going to get the Bay City Rollers reference it was you!

For the last one, #10 - here's a hint, it's an classic drama that's really intense!

7:02 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

I played on my blog! Come see it and guess...

scribblersnook.blogspot.com

10:06 PM  
Blogger Hilda said...

OK - no one guessed #10 so I'll tell.

It's from "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" starring Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton.

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home