The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Cafe con Leche - Sorta



When I was about 4 or 5 years old - as I refer to them, "my parents' early Cuban refugee" years, they would scrimp and save to buy espresso coffee. We were in New York at the time so it was expensive and only available at Italian markets. Naturally they would only use it to drink as "cafecito" - not "waste" it for cafe con leche. Instead we would use Nescafe Instant for the cafe con leche. There was no Cuban bread at the time, so they'd buy baguettes.

Flash forward to this morning as I dipped some baguette into Nescafe con Leche. And smiled.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Hilda. I am glad you are back. I wrote you awhile ago and told you that I am a Cuban-American woman from New York who really enjoys your blog. Anyway, I am following American Idol for the first time ever this year and I am really enjoying it. I can't wait for Wednesday. The theme is Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. It should be fun. I am not a fan of Paul, so I hope he goes next. Take care and be well.

Maria Eugenia

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home