The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Friday, May 20, 2011

The Judgement Day/Rapture/End of the World Musical Score!

Well, I didn't get "raptured" on Saturday May 21 , did you? If you did and you answer, that'll resolve the "is there Internet in Heaven?" question. I guess it's still possible that the end game has begun and the whole things blows on October 21, 2011.

I had started drafting this playlist post before the ending that never came, so since it can still happen, I'll go ahead and post it.

Rapture - Blondie - Well, duh! This is obvious - maybe the video will make sense now. Yeah, no.

It's the End of the World As We Know It - R.E.M. - a classic! Have some coffee before you try to sing this one...

End of the World - The Cure - I love them! I know - soooo not me, but still.

The End of the World
- The Carpenters - yes it was originally done by Skeeter Davis, but this is my Apocalyptic playlist, and I like this version better, so there!

Dance Me To The End Of Love - Leonard Cohen - What? The end of love is the end of the world, right? So let's dance! Plus, it's Leonard Cohen - again this is *my* end-of-days soundtrack.

Until the End of the World - U2 - Of course Bono would have to have at least one end of the world song. He seems so serious, but I've seen him in interviews and stuff and he has a great self-deprecating (I know! Surprise!) sense of humor. Anyway - this is a great song. Edge totally rocks it.

Apocalypse Please - Muse - Yes I know they lost all credibility when they sold out for the Twilight soundtrack, but theyr'e really not half-bad.

There you have it...what do you think?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home